1. California, United States and Portugal:
- Master´s degree in psychology from Saybrook University.
- Doctorate degree in clinical psychology from Meridian University.
- Post-licensure, served for eleven years at Kaiser Permanente, working with patients dealing with mental health issues co-occurring with heart disease/heart surgery, diabetes, preparing for surgery, aging, and dying.
- Post-graduation in geropsychology at the Instituto de Ciências Psicológicas, Sociais e da Vida in Lisbon.
- The Practice of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: Cleveland Center for Cognitive Therapy.
- Evidence-based clinical Hypnosis: American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
- Life Care Planning, an evidence-based advanced care planning: Kaiser Permanente.
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP): Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA).
- American Psychological Association.
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
- American Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis.
- European Health Psychology Society.
- Employee Assistance Professionals Association.
- Membership Chair, Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis.